Friday, January 18, 2008

Men! Dont read your wife's diary

There's this couple that's been married for 20 years, and she'd kept a diary stashed somewhere in the store feeding the silverfish for so long the cover's gone. One day hubby was looking for his drill bits and chanced on the journal. Blowing the dust of the book, he started reading, it got juicier and juicier. Now, if you think I'm going to give you the details, sorry. You'll just have to use your imagination.

Next thing we know, the wife crept quietly behind him and calmly tap him on the shoulder : "Whaddya think? Do you think it can be made into a blockbuster?". Startled, hubby quickly put down the book and muttered something about a career in carpentry. The conversation that ensued sounds like this:-

Startled hubby: Huh, er......hi...I was looking for my Carpentry for Dummies, what I got was this moth eaten Bible.....

Wife: Nice try. How many chapters have you read?

Hubby: This Bible? I was just about to open it, I hope its King James' Version....

Wife: Give me a break will you? I was watching you from a distance. Dont you ever respect a person's right to privacy?

Hubby: Ow, come off it, I was just into.....um...two pages only.

Wife: You know, you're sick.


From that day onward, the wife farts and pick her nose in his presence, burps at the table and break all the taboos on the list. What I'm trying to say here is a diary is so personal, so sacred that if someone ever reads yours, then you might as well break wind in his presence, for your soul has been already laid bare, spread-eagle for the world to ogled.

What I'm trying to portray here is that how time has changed. We write our deepest thought in a blog and invite the whole world to see! With a tremendous help from the electronic world of internet, what we see, feel, think, are all in our blog. And we want everybody in this planet to read and see that. And we like to peep into what other people have written about themselves. See, we are voyeurs and exhibitionists all at the same time, all thanks, or no thanks to blogging, whichever the case maybe for you.

No comments: